Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Monday, May 2, 2011

Email in: GK 1750 - Take on Dave's list



"Hi Kirby

As usual, love the blog and really enjoy the articles. I've learnt a lot reading your blog.

A while ago, Dave (I think it was Dave), did a guest blog entry on some GK lists. One of them was a heavy MM list, with MM ven dreads, servitors and autocannon dreads. I really liked the list and tailored it towards a 1750 point game. It had loads of shooting, but what was bothering me was the lack of any CC units that would reliably be able to handle them selves in CC. I've made some alterations and come up with something that I think looks pretty decent, but I am yet to test it out (mainly due to lack of models, or any of my mates having time for a vassal game).

I was wondering if I could get some feed back from yourself?

Here's the list


Coteaz
Inquisitor (Mallus) w/ Daemon Hammer, Power Armour, 3x Servo Skulls

8x Purifers w/ 2x Psycannon, 1x Hammer, 5x Halberd, Rhino

10x GKSS w/ 2x Psycannon, Hammer, Rhino
10x GKSS w/ 2x Psycannon, Hammer, Rhino

Henchmen Warband w/ 2x Jokaero, 3x MM Servitor, 4x Warrior (2x SB), 1x Crusader, Chimera w/ Multilaser, Heavy Flamer
Henchmen Warband w/ 2x Jokaero, 3x MM Servitor, 4x Warrior (2x SB), 1x Crusader, Chimera w/ Multilaser, Heavy Flamer

Dread w/ 2x TL Autocannon, Psybolt
Dread w/ 2x TL Autocannon, Psybolt
Dread w/ 2x TL Autocannon, Psybolt

If my maths is correct, comes in at 1750 on the button.

I dropped the ven dreads from the list, in favour of another autocannon dread and a purifier squad. We've still got 4 solid troop choices, 2 for the back field, 2 for rolling up mid field. Purifiers are my punching unit, while the autocannon dreads do their thing.

Thoughts?

Synack"


Looks good but with a few issues. People need to stop putting Jokaeros and MM Servitors in Chimeras. 5 MM in a single chassis which is stunnable in an army full of tanks which are hard to stun makes them a huge target. A couple of either is fine but don't combine them as it's just too many points which are easily neutralised. I'd run simply MM Servitors + Acolytes (perhaps with meltaguns or meltabombs) and that's it really. You could run Jokaeros as well if you want but I'd run two in a Rhino so it's cheaper and has Fortitude though 3 in a Chimera is also viable. This also allows you to drop the other Inquisitor which allows you to play around with some points.

From there drop a Dreadnought and get another Purifier squad and you're set. Since you're not running psybolt ammon on the large GKSS squad though I'd consider 5-man squads with psycannon and a Psyback. This increases your firepower with the Psyback and you're not losing anything in terms of anti-infantry firepower as you don't have psybolt ammo to begin with. This is a more expensive option though so you might find the points tight (all those changes should add up to 1764 so dropping a Hammer Purifier from one of the squads [Coteaz then goes here] leaves you under points with room to fiddle).

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...