Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Thursday, July 21, 2011

Trial Menoth Lists



Made some lists to get some ideas in relation to what I want/need to buy and how I want to play with the faction. SirBiscuit was of some help, what a nice young lad! Have at ye. (all are 35 points).

eFeora (+6)
-          Reckoner (8)
-          Redeemer (6)
-          Vanquisher (8)
Min Errants + UA (7)
Min Choir (2)
Full Basitons (8)
Covenant of Menoth (2)


I personally like this one the most with the ability to set a lot of things on fire and obviously use Feora's feat in conjunction with this. This obviously has minimal effect on Warjacks though so we've got three of our own though as I understand it, the Vanquisher isn't that flash against heavy jacks itself. With the Basitons do I have enough ability to punch through high DEF/ARM? I'm happy with the two units of Errants and Basitons though would prefer the Errants to be a full squad - alas points! Covenant and Choir obviously support.

pSeverius (+6)
-          Blessing of Vengence (7)
-          Avatar of Menoth (11)
-          Crusader (6)
Full Errants + UA (10)
Min Choir (2)
Vassal of Menoth (2)
Convenant of Menoth (2)
Wrack (1)

This is an army where I was aiming to use BoV which obviously works very well with Severius. Avatar of Menoth is self sufficient and the Crusader being assaulted oriented, I can use Severius early to cast spells through BoV. That's the plan anyway. Errants are as always a useful unit but I wonder with four support units if that's too much. If I cut back on the Errants and dropped the Covenant + Wrack I could get a Min Flameguard + UA. Thoughts?

pKreoss (+5)
-          Crusader (6)
-          Vanquisher (8)
-          Reckoner (8)
Full Errants + UA (10)
Full Choir (3)
Vassal of Menoth (2)
Convenant of Menoth (2)
Wrack (1)

This would be the list I'd start with based on the starter box at the 35 point level. Three heavy 'jacks backed up by an Errant and a bunch of support units looks solid to me but I again wonder about the amount of support. I think here where I'm running three 'jacks it's more important for focus management and making those 'jacks as scary and durable as possible but I again worry about only having the 'jacks, Kreoss + Errants unit as actual smack your head in units. Thoughts again?

I've decide on a rough paint scheme as well I think. I'm thinking black with a striking trim color. The magenta the normal models have looks good but perhaps a bit brighter. Off-set color with an electric blue - including the flames. For now though, time to paint some 40k!

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...