Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Friday, August 5, 2011

Email in: Dark Eldar 'Ard Boyz style

Dark City


"Agh I thought I had more time! I read the website and for some reason I thought ard boyz was in 2 months not 2 weeks. Damn me and my short attention span!

So now I am in a panic to get my ard boyz list ready. I havent even played any 2.5k point games in months. So much plytesting so little time.

So I thought I could speed that up by sending you the list and seeing what you guys think about it.


HQ Archon, combat drugs, husk blade, shadow field, soul trap (I know its a net list archon but it works)
HQ the duke

Elites 4 trueborn 4 blasters in a venom with extra splinter cannon and night shields
Elites 4 trueborn 4 blasters in a venom with extra splinter cannon and night shields
Elites 9 trueborn 7 carbines 2 splinter cannons in a raider with didintigrator, splinter racks, night shields and flicker fields

Troops 9 wyches with haywire grenades in a raider with night shields flickerfields and a disintigrator
Troops 10 warriors with splinter cannon in a raider with night shields and flickerfields
Troops 10 warriors with splinter cannon in a raider with night shields and flickerfields
Troops 10 warriors with splinter cannon in a raider with night shields and flickerfields
Troops 10 warriors with splinter cannon in a raider with night shields and flickerfields
Troops 5 wyches with hekatrix agoniser haywire grenades 1 hdra knife in venom with extra splintercannon and night shields

Heavy Ravager with 3 disintigrators nightshields and flickerfields
Heavy Ravager with 3 disintigrators nightshields and flickerfields
Heavy Ravager with 3 nightshields and flickerfields

Fast 6 Reavers with 2 heat lances

The idea is to have the archon with the wyches in the raider for ablative wounds and giving him a chance to hide in a tarpit unit to steal souls. Also with the duke giving me a chance to get a 6 on the drug roll the squad could have furious charge from the start.

The duke goes in the trueborn squad in the raider and this now gives them a entire cube of dice for shooting splinter ammo, re rolling misses because of the splinter racks, and wounding on 3s with the "good stuff" the duke hands out. Hello IG blob squad meet your doom.

The 2 4 man trueborn squad will be my main tank hunters getting close to blast the heavy stuff and letting the venoms tear into anything that spills out of wrecked transports

4 warrior squads to move in hold objectives and mop up with more hails of splinter fire.

the 2 ravagers with didintigrators for MEQ killing and the one with 3 darklances for a long ranged anti tank option.

The reavers for taking out targets of opportunity, the 6 man long fang squad on a flank or a outflanking lemen russ. (im looking at you creed)

The last venom full of wyches was kind of a, I have points left over what do I own as filler, again for small units or tanks that start wandering away from the noose I hope to close tight on all my enemies.

I have had alot of success with the DE at 1500 - 2k levels but havent played with them alot at 2.5k. So any help would be appreciated."

Dark Eldar at 2500 suffer. They don't have the tank durability or options to get 15+ on the table. Most lists take 12 nearing the 2000 mark already and 14 is your max with Courts. Looking at your list you've maxed the vehicle count which is good but you seriously lack in the AT department. 18 lance shots at 2500 is paltry and 11 of those are in three squads. I'd screw the Dissies and go all Lances on the Raiders + Ravagers. Whilst lots of S5 AP3 is nice, you want more. This jacks your numbers up to 29 which looks a lot better.

The splinter racks on the Trueborn ride are useless btw. Only work for splinter rifles, sucks I know. I'd make this squad a bit smaller, maybe drop 3-4 Carbine Trueborn out of it. Currently it's a really big and early target for your opponent but if you drop a few Trueborn, less so. Not too small otherwise they are easy to wipe out but not too large where everything shoots them early. With the extra points get blasters on the Warrior squads so they have some utility. I'm not a huge fan of this setup at 2500 points but they do bring good anti-infantry firepower, anti-tank firepower and bodies to the table.

I'd almost skip the final Wych in Venom squad and go for another Reaver unit here. I know you're losing a tank but a single Reaver squad is meh. It also gets you more reliable anti-tank and better capacity to deal with backfield units. Otherwise, change these to large Beastmaster squads to overwhelm your opponent's anti-infantry. This is the preferred option IMO but you might not have the models available and the Reavers are a good choice (+ benefit from the Duke).

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...