Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Saturday, October 29, 2011

Email in: Imperial Guard 1,750

Dakka


"Hey Kirby,

For my revised IG list at 1750 I'm considering 3x manticores for my heavy support, but I wonder if is be better dropping one for either a pair of hydras or an additional 3 chimeras for mech saturation, what do you think? I find it hard to gauge whether I have enough mech on the field given most people around here don't run all that much. Also, should I take a 3rd vet squad over the second 20man stubborn unit? I'm not sure if 30xman would be a better investment. Lastly, ACs or meltas in the combined squad(s)?

The chimeras can be assigned anywhere, but I think I prefer vets in chim over vendettas so they aren't targetted as much. Any other comments welcome!


Cheers

Jason

Company Command
-ACannon
-Chimera

Psykers x6

Psykers x6

Psykers x6

Vets x3 melta
-chim

Vets x3 melta
-chim

Platoon command
- 4x flamer
- chimera

Squad x4 (2x20)
- 4x auto cannon
- 2x commissar

Hws x3 AC

Vendetta
-hbolters

Vendetta
-hbolters

Manticore

Manticore

Manticore"


I'd indeed run one Manticore as a couple of Hydras or just drop it in place of three Chimeras for the Psykers. I know you like your Psykers outside of Chimeras but forcing your opponent to shoot them first gives them some extra durability - plus you get three more tanks (and the associated firepower) which can move up into midfield.

You do have a lot of Autocannons from infantry which is probably why the Chimeras are a better bet (you only have four of them) here. They bring more S6 which is great for knocking out those small MEQ squads and the three extra hulls. Otherwise everthing looks fine - I would keep the combined Platoons as Autocannons though if you could find the points for the meltaguns (maybe HBolters off the Vedenttas?) that would be very nice to discourage tank shocks.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...