Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Wednesday, October 26, 2011

GWvsJohn talks Roleplaying


As the great Stepen Lynch once said, "I've got my twelve sided dice and I'm ready to roll." Like many of you I imagine, I found the recent post on the fluffier side of the 41st millennium to be inspiring. Coupled with the excellent new 40k RPGs over the past few years, there can be only one... conclusion. It's time to roleplay.

Obviously the ideal way to play would be live, around a table. For many of us with jobs and wives and maybe even children (the horror) this really isn't possible. After that would be live online, either voice or text based. Again, with jobs and the fact that the 3++ community is worldwide, this isn't really possible. That leaves only one option, the last resort for a desperate roleplayer, a play-by-post game.

To get to the point, I'd like to put together a play-by-post or play-by-email (or use a google group which combines both) game using one of the new 40k RPGs. Who is with me?


First, we need a brave, creative soul to be our Gamemaster. It's a demanding, thankless job, but some people are just amazing at it. I'm not one of those people. Once someone volunteers to GM he can take the lead on the other details like game system, number of players, etc.

If I may give my suggestion on game system, I have decent amount of pbp experience. I have found that the difficulty moderating and sluggish pace of combat is probably the main pitfall of pbp roleplaying, so Deathwatch would probably be hard to run. Between Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader, I find DH a little more appealing, but I'd be happy either way.

So if you are interested in a 3++ 40k pbp RPG, comment here or shoot me an email. If you want to GM let me know and we can figure out the best place to play.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...