Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Thursday, January 19, 2012

Email in: 1850 Deldar/Vanilla Marine List Advice

Darkcity

"-Kirby

Long time reader and fan, keep up the good work. :)

So my brother and I will be attending the Bugeater GT in June, but I'm trying to get a finalized list together so I can decide which army I will be taking (and paint it). The points value is set at 1850, and the missions will be NOVA style, with a strict win/loss format to determine Champion, as well as a Sweepstakes Champion which will include the usual sportsmanship / painting etc. I am trying to decide between bringing my Space Marines and bringing my Deldar, so I figured I would get your advice on my lists.


Space Marine - 1850

HQ

Captain w/ Com-M and Relic - 135
Command Squad
Champion
Power Axe
Melta Gun - 155

LasPlas Razorback - 75

Librarian - 100
-Avenger and Gate

Troops

10x Tacticals w/ MM and flamer - 170
Rhino - 35

10x Tacticals w/ MM and flamer - 170
Rhino - 35

5x Scouts w/ Snipers + Missle - 85
Telion - 50

Elites

Dreadnought w/ 2x TL AC - 125

5x Terminators w/ Assault Cannon - 230

5x Sternguard w/ Combi-M - 130
Drop Pod - 35

Fast Attack

Land Speeder w/ MM / HF - 70
Land Speeder w/ MM / HF - 70

Heavy Support

Predator w/ HB & HKM - 95
Predator w/ HB - 85

Comes out at 1850 exactly. General idea is that Scouts sit in cover backfield and disrupt / score while tacticals act as the standard MM midfield bunkers. Drop the sternguard w/ the Librarian to alpha strike something important, while not investing too much into the squad as they will die if assaulted, otherwise Librarian gates them away. Other than that Command Squad acts as a beater unit / counter assault, as do the terminators. I've had a lot of success with this list against my practice partners, but I'm open to advice. :)"


The Captain + Command squad are what really jump out at me as bleh. The Captain doesn't add much beyond poking some things in combat and the same goes for the COmmand Squad in general. Yes you get an extra Razorback but you can do the same with another Tactical squad. I'd go this route - either a 5x strong Tactical squad with LasPlas or a full squad which can combat squad with combi-melta/melta and missile launcher. Gives you more scoring and keeps your vehicle numbers up.

Spare points can go into expanding the Sternguard to give them a bit more durability - I don't like single pods like this as you're effectively throwing 3 KP aand 265 points at your opponent which isn't hard to deal with and it has to come in on Turn 1. I'd probably prefer to see these guys in a Razorback or Rhino and use the Libby's gate to give them more mobility options.

Terminators with Assault Cannon is fine though the CML offers a lot bigger threat range. If you didn't want to run the Sternguard outside of the pod, running these guys as 10xstrong is a great option instead.

"Dark Eldar at 1850

HQ

Duke - 150

Troops

10x Wyches w/ Hekatrix / Agoniser / Haywires / 2x Shardnets - 170
Raider w/ Flicker / Prow - 75

10x Wyches w/ Hekatrix / Agoniser / Haywires / 2x Shardnets - 170
Raider w/ Flicker / Prow - 75

9x Warriors w/ Blaster - 96
Raider w/ Flicker + Rax - 80

Elites

5x Incubi w/ Klaivex - 125
Venom + Cannon - 65

4x Blasterborn - 108
Venom + Cannon - 65

4x Blasterborn - 108
Venom + Cannon - 65

Fast Attack

9x Reavers w/ Champion - 208
3x Heat Lance - 36

Heavy Support

Ravager + Flicker / NS - 125
Ravager + Flicker / NS - 125

Comes out at 1846 w/ 22 Lance shots and around 90ish poison shots. Thought about dropping the Night Shields on the Ravagers for an Agoniser on the Reavers, as they are meant to be support combat capable. Duke obviously rides with the squad of 9 warriors to give them 3+ poison without making the unit a huge target. List has plenty of deep strike-able vehicles, and his drug rolls is a nice bonus to the wyches and reavers. Incubi are used for clean up / beater w/ wych support.

I know you're busy but thoughts on either list would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Matt"


30 GEQ isn't much in terms of scoring so I'd be warry of that. I'd be looking to drop the Incubi and Night Shields on the Ravagers and play around with that. Personally, I don't like Wyches without easy ways to get them FNP and whilst you do have a so-so chance of getting them a free FNP token to start the game with Duke's drug roll, it's kind of a waste of his drug abilities as you'll often want something else.

With that in mind I'd be looking to grab a couple Haemons to go in the Wyches and the rest of the points get some Warriors in Venoms to give you more scoring options. Consider dropping the Reavers to 6-strong as well and if there are still any points leftover (unlikely) look to get that 3rd Ravager.

Personally I'd go with the Space Marine list if you ran the 10x Shootynators as they can be quite effective and annoying to deal with. However, I love me some Dark Eldar but I'm just not a fan of the Duke & Wyches - I feel you're better off making a Duke list without Wyches or making a Wych list without Duke despite them working well in regards to combat drugs.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...