Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Community Spotlight:: Studio Colrouphobia



Making the missions packet for Feast of Blades is a much bigger process than you would think, mostly because I'm a perfectionist for this kind of stuff, and I want to make something that's a lot MORE than just a few throwaway scenarios.

To that end, I'm working on making a mission book that all our tournament players will receive. Not only will this book have the Feast of Blades missions we're using at the event, it will also have every mission we've ever used, plus extras.

Needless to say, I want it to look good. I want it to be something that's worth having. The goal, ultimately, is to have people go home and consider their mission packet swag, not just more paper to recycle.
So how do you make something impressive and worth having? Simple, art!

The imagery of 40k is what got me into the game, and I know I'm not the only one. I've met more than a few players who picked up the game entirely off of what they saw in the first Dawn of War's intro cutscene. The artwork of 40k is the jaw-dropping spectacle that gets most of us our start.

The piece your looking at up there is the packet cover I commissioned for Feast of Blades. I couldn't be happier with the results. It's the work of Studio Colrouphobia. (Link to blog) You can check out the artist's deviantART gallery here.

Some other pieces, some you might recognize:









































































The artists name is David Sondered, and he takes commissions for a reasonable fee. Check his stuff out!

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...