Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Sunday, May 27, 2012

Email in: Please could you provide your assistance?

"Hey Kirby, 

I've been reading a lot of your extremely useful articles and I've noticed that you help people who email in lists. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me sort out a 1500 competitive imperial guard list.

The two lists below are ones I've been using with a fair bit of success, I feel the first list is better at killing infantry of all varieties but lacks anti tank and the vendetta is to much of a target.

The second I feel can handle anti tank quite well and has a lot of redundancy, however its isn't as adept at killing marines.

I feel that I need to try and bring the two lists together, however I'm struggling do this without diluting the lists strengths to much or not have enough redundancy or the list being to small modelwise.

List1:
Ccs, 4 flamers.
Vendetta.

Marbo.

Veterans, 3 plasmas, demoltions, chimera.

Veterans, 2 plasmas, melta, demolitions, chimera.

Veterans, 3 meltas, demoltions, chimera.

Veterans, 3 meltas, demoltions, chimera.

Manticore.

Manticore.

Leman russ.

List 2:
Ccs, 3 flamers.
Vendetta.

Veterans, 3 flamers.
Vendetta.

Veterans, 3 flamers.
Vendetta.

Veterans, autocannon, chimera.

Veterans, autocannon, chimera.

Veterans, autocannon, chimera.

Manticore.

Manticore.

Leman russ.

Thank you in advance!

Luke."
 

The first list looks strong though I'd drop the Russ in favor of a second Vendetta - the only issue this list is going to have is lack of ranged firepower once the Vendettas are dropped but you have a nice core of Veterans, particularly at 1500. Consider running your Command squad with Straken instead to make them that much scarier in midfield (drop some plasma to fit this in).

The 2nd list has too much anti-infantry going on and Vets with just an autocannon are very inefficient - if you want to go this route Infantry Platoons are much better and give you access to HWT who can split your opponent's firepower and give you some good heavy weapons from the backfield. To change this list I'd be running Mletas on the Vendetta Vets and turn the other Veterans into Platoons with some HWT support.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...