Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Sunday, August 7, 2011

Email in: Tyranid anti-mech list

Dark Future Gaming


"Hello Kirby! I'm a long time reader of your blog. I am thinking of getting into the local tourney circuit at my LGS and I am considering some modifications to my Tyranid army. So, I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me some insight into ths list I am thinking of employing.

1850 points

HQ:
Tervigon (catalyst, cluster spines, toxin sacs) - 185

Elites:
2x 2 Hive Guard - 200
2 Venomthropes - 110


Troops:
2x Tervigon (catalyst, cluster spines, toxin sacs) - 370
2x 10 Termagants - 100

Heavy Support:
3x Tyrannofex (rupture cannon, cluster spines, dessicator larvae, regeneration) - 885


So, I think it's plain to see that the purpose of the 3 Tervigons is to provide FNP to the Tyrannofexes while the Venom's provide cover saves and reduce the threat of assault. I also think that having regeneration on top of all the other "layers" of defense (2+ armor, 5+ cover, 4+ FNP) gives these guys a chance to make it to the end of the game alive! Thoughts?"


The list in general is fine. It has the usual issues Tyranids have but otherwise solid. One thing though - regen. At higher points it's less useful as people can generally punch through a whole MC a turn. On T-Fexes with 2+ armor, far less necessary as they are very bloody durable. I'd much rather see those points morph into more Hive Guard and adrenal glands on the Tervigons. If you really want Regen though I'd take it on the Tervigons who are more vulnerable to taking wounds with 3+ armor but again, would rather see those points invested elsewhere.

Also, Catalyst should probably be cast on the Hive Guard more than the T-Fexes. Again, 2+ armor is pretty durable and most people will be looking to drop your Hive Guard and Tervigons before the T-Fexes.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...