Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Sunday, September 18, 2011

Email in: Hi Kirby, Looking for Tyranid Advice Please

Warseer


"Hey Kirby,

I'm Looking to Start Tyranids as noone who Plays in Tournaments here actually brings them so thought I might try as a change from my still Boring GK's so I Was looking for some advice on 2 quick 500 Point Lists, #1 with the 2 hive is more anti mech while the second one has the biovore for anti Horde, as of now I dont know too much about nids just that my best friend used to play them before he went dark eldar n what I've Read from your tournament Batreps in the last few days which made me wanna play them even more.


#1

HQ:

1 Tervigon w/ TS, AG and Cata
Troop:

14 Termagaunts

8 Genestealers w/ TS
Elite:

2 Hive Gaurd

#2

HQ
Tervigon: AG, TS, Scytals, Catalyst

Troop
12 Termagaunts
9 Stealers: TS

Elite
Hive Guard
Heavy:

Biovore

Thanks,

Tekneek"


List 1 is the better here as you need that extra tank popping ability. 500 points isn't really going to tell you too much though as it's really, really easy to go rock-paper-scissors. Imagine a Space Marine army for example with 8 tanks, you can't deal with it but if you cram 6 Hive Guard in, you can't deal with 60 Orks, etc.

I'd also highly caution you that whilst Tyranids are pretty cool and you can make them do well, in a balanced tournament environment they have a lot of bad match-ups where the game is very one-sided. So just keep that in mind!

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...