Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Grey Knights WIP

So I have a one-day tournament I'm heading to this weekend and I'll be bringing an Acolyte based Grey Knight list which I've been trying to playtest the past several weeks. Unfortunately I've gotten two games in, both on Vassal so we'll see how it unfolds. As usual though, I'm not finishing painting *facepalm* so along with the joys of apartment hunting these past weeks, I've been working on polishing off all my Space Marine vehicles (three Dreads and seven Razorbacks in this case) with the Purifiers needing detailing and the GKT simply not being painted... I'll likely borrow someone's painted GKT for this tournament but hopefully the army will all be done by the end of the year.

Don't worry, I too will believe it when I see it. Anyway, here's a WIP picture of my painting desk atm. I'm working on putting all the scratch-build Razorback turrets together which are all magnetised with TL-Flamer, Assault Cannon and Heavy Bolter options and a couple LasPlas - everything one needs! The turrets are quite boxy but they do their function I feel, come off easily to make a Rhino and don't look like complete ass!


The list is as follows for those interested:

Coteaz
Mallus Inquisitor w/Terminator Armor, Psycannon, 3x Servo Skulls
5x Purifiers w/2x Psycannons, Daemon Hammer, Razorback w/TL-Assault Cannons, Psybolt Ammo, Searchlight
5x Purifiers w/2x Psycannons, Daemon Hammer, Razorback w/TL-Assault Cannons, Psybolt Ammo, Searchlight
5x Terminators w/Psycannon
6x Warrior Acolytes w/bolters, Razorback w/TL-Assault Cannons, Psybolt Ammo
6x Warrior Acolytes w/bolters, Razorback w/TL-Assault Cannons, Psybolt Ammo
6x Warrior Acolytes w/bolters Razorback w/TL-Assault Cannons, Psybolt Ammo
3x Warrior Acolytes, Razorback w/TL-Heavy Bolters, Psybolt Ammo
3x Warrior Acolytes, Razorback w/TL-Heavy Bolters, Psybolt Ammo
Dreadnought w/2x twin-linked autocannons, Psybolt Ammo
Dreadnought w/2x twin-linked autocannons, Psybolt Ammo
Dreadnought w/2x twin-linked autocannons, Psybolt Ammo

Totals: 1750
41 infantry, 10 vehicles

The resulting army is all about shooting. Shoot, shoot and shoot some more with the Acolytes basically making their rides scoring though if necessary they can hop out and add 36 bolter shots to the fray. Otherwise a lot of medium to high strength firepower is coming out of the army and that's basically how it operates. The GKT seem an odd inclusion but with Coteaz + Inquisitor make a good counter-attack unit and scoring (the last being their reason for inclusion over Paladins). The issue with the list is if opponents get in amongst my lines and are able to essentially bypass or overwhelm the GKT + Purifiers and start hacking my army to pieces. Unlike most Marine lists, Aco-based lists can fall apart quickly like anything else based on T3/5+ and their recovery ability is less than that of a normal Marine list. That being said, lots of mobile firepower and lots of metal bawkses give the army offensive output and durability in return.

Anywho, we shall see how it unfolds and how much painting I can get done before the weekend!

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...