Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Saturday, December 31, 2011

Email in: 2 very different DE lists


"Hi there Kirby! Im BizarreShowbiz, partner of yours from the BoLS community (Engalie40k Blog) and I write to you not only to congratulate you for you amazing web but to ask for a little advice on my current Dark Eldar lists. I regularly play a mechanised force, but Im slowly growing a webway army from the prices I get at events here in Spain.

Well, without further delay were you have my lists. Both are 1750p (most common in tournaments around here) Tell me what you think about them and how would you improve them please :)

Mech List:

C.G.

Haemonculi, venom blade

Haemonculi, venom blade

Haemonculi, venom blade

TROOPS

x9 Wytches, haywire nades, Hekatrix with Agoniser
-Raider, dark lance, Enhanced Aethersails

x9 Wytches, haywire nades, Hekatrix with Agoniser
-Raider, dark lance, Enhanced Aethersails

x9 Wytches, haywire nades, Hekatrix with Agoniser
-Raider, dark lance, Enhanced Aethersails

x5 Warriors, 1 Blaster
-Venom, x2 splinter cannons, grisly trophies

x5 Warriors, 1 Blaster
-Venom, x2 splinter cannons

ELITE

x4 Trueborn, 4 blásters
-Venom, x2 splinter cannons

x4 Trueborn, 4 blásters
-Venom, x2 splinter cannons

HEAVY SUPPORT

Ravager, x3 dark lances, flickerfield

Ravager, x3 dark lances, flickerfield

Ravager, x3 dark lances, flickerfield


WWP List

C.G.

Haemonculi, wwp

Haemonculi, wwp

Baron Sathonyx

TROOPS

x8 Hellions, Helliarch with Agoniser

x9 Hellions, Helliarch with Agoniser and phantasm grenade launcher

x9 Hellions, Helliarch with Agoniser and phantasm grenade launcher

x3 wracks

ELITE

x5 Arlequins, shadow seer, x2 Fusion pistols, Harlequin trouppemaster

FAST ATTACK

x5 Scourges, x2 heat lances

x5 Scourges, x2 heat lances

x5 Scourges, x2 heat lances

HEAVY SUPPORT

Talos Pain Engine, Chainflails and twinlinked heat lance

Talos Pain Engine, Chainflails and twinlinked heat lance

Chronos Parasite Engine, Spiritural Vortex, Soul Probe

Quick notes: I find x3 squads of x5 Scourges with 2 heat lances to be better than x3 squads of x6 reaver jetbikes with 2 heat lances couse of the 4+/6++ armour (less terrain dependant, wich comes in handy at tournaments), similar performance and much cheaper price (66 points more expensive if you count the 3 units). ¿Do you agree here or is there something im missing?

I tested an unit of beastmasters consisting in x3 Beastmasters, x4 kymaeras and x4 Razorwings. Costs only 144p and has great performance, but encountered 2 problems; 1. Portal blocking makes them unable to arrive from it, forcing them to arrive from my table edge what I dont like even a bit, and 2. Reduces even more my ranged AV power, becouse Id have to remove a scourge squad (and 10p elsewhere) to get them in and I dont know if its worth it.

Should I get x2 fusions and trouppemasters for utility on the harleys that help the haemonculis to deliver the wwps or should I just go with the cheap x5 harleys + seer without any upgrades? That would give me 40 free points, but dunno in what expend it better then troupemaster that gives Ld10 for the wwp carrier squad (in case I receive casualities and have to do a ld test turn 1) + a bit of punch in combat (I7 S4 5a on the charge with pw) and 2 6" meltas to the regular folks.

Thoughts?

I guess thats all. Thank you for all you do for this hobby ;)"


First list is fine though the Wych Raiders need Shock Prows. Personally, I'm not a massive Wych fan and would probably rather see only two Wych Raiders but three works fine as well - simply drop one of the Wyches + Trophies from a Venom and grab 3x Shock Prows.

The WWP list...I both like and dislike :P. I think Baron works well with WWP but I'm not sure if I like the multiple Hellion squads. I think one large squad support by smaller squads for fire support is better or just leave it at one large squad. Wyches as Troops are pretty good options here then as they can get into combat straight away.

Scourges with Heat Lances find their best use in WWP lists but the Reaver JSJ advantage plus skilled rider will still see them better in this role IMO. I'd rather see you cut back to two Scourges/Reavers either way but perhaps run the Scourges with Haywire Blasters instead? Their lack of JSJ is less important here. I would run your Beastmaster squad for your 3rd FA slot though - with two portals you shouldn't be blocked easily and with portals + beast status their threat range is huge (plus Baron can join them at times to give them a PGL).

Two Harlequin squad wouldbe my WWP delivery as well and running pistols + seer + kisses is the best bet IMO. They are still scary in combat and have AP1 pistols but aren't super expensive and the Seer makes them very reliable delivery systems. Heavy Support is fine though I'd probably go with 3x Talos over the Cronos - it loses effectiveness as pain tokens start to pile up.

All in all the list is decent with major changes really only coming up in Troops I feel.

Nice looking army btw :).

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...