Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Email in: 1500 necron friendly tournament list

Forofreakfactory

"Hey kirby. Long time reader and I have submitted lists to you in the past when I just don't know what to do. We have a 1500 point tournament every other weekend in my area. I tied for first. The problem I have is that I played necrons prior to the new book and I got some cheese remarks. I feel its kind of silly, but it really gets to me when someone claims cheese on me. I was wondering what you think and what you would do.

HQ

Overlord-phase shifter, semp weave, war scythe, mind shackle scarabs
command barge-guass cannon

Overlord-phase shifter, semp weave, war scythe, mind shackle scarabs
command barge-guass cannon

Royal court one
harbinger of destruction-solar pulse
harbinger of destruction-gaze of flame


Royal court two
harbinger of destruction-solar pulse
harbinger of destruction-gaze of flame

Troops

8 warriors-ghost ark

8 warriors-ghost ark

heavy

Doomsday arks

Doomsday arks

Running the double court so each warrior squad gets a gaze of flame and solar pulse. The troops seems light, but I have not lost both troops so far when I have played with this list. I only lost 1 troop the whole tournament because I got run down. I feel it is a friendly list, but I was hoping to see what you said."


yes it's friendly - the firepower is minimal and the troops aren't setting the world on fire. I imagine most people will be complaining about 6 AV13 vehicles and the decked out Overlords when really they are excessive points thrown in after good points (i.e. semp weave, phase shifter).

If you wanted to make it a bit more noob friendly I'd probably drop the Doomsday Arks and perhaps run something else so there aren't 6 AV13 vehicles on the board. It's not a lot but you can see whiney people who don't take enough ranged anti-tank backed up by melta being stumped. Perhaps leave one Doomsday Ark and grab some Destroyers/Wraiths/Tomb Blades/Immortals instead.

If you were wanting to make it more competitive I'd drop both the Doomsdays for Annihlation Barges and then grab some Teslamortals with attached Crypteks. But that would make it less 'noob friendly' and more than likely get you more calls of cheese :P.

Don't let it get to you - whiners will whine when they can't win and just keep reminding them about the weaknesses of your list (anti-tank, low troop count, combat, etc.) and that you've been playing Necrons since they became robots and should therefore stfu ^^.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...