Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Saturday, March 31, 2012

Email in: Grey Knight Terminators

"Hey Kirby,

I have been reading you blog for about a year and while I don't always agree with all of you opinions I really think you give some great advice and have a very good understanding of the game. I have receantly been playing the following list and am looking to take it to Adepticon this year.

Inquisitor 34
3 Serv Skulls

10 Grey Knight Terminators 470
8 Halbreds, 2 Hammers, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo

10 Grey Knight Terminators 470
8 Halbreds, 2 Hammers, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo

10 Grey Knight Terminators 470
8 Halbreds, 2 Hammers, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo

Psyifleman Dreadnought 135

Psyifleman Dreadnought 135

Psyifleman Dreadnought 135

The Inquisitor is mainly in the list because I have to have an HQ choice. The 3 Serv Skulls keep infiltrating and scout units away from my lines and also help with my deep strike scatter. So far I have only played 12 games total with the list and have done really well with it. I was wondering what your thoughts were on it and if you had any suggestions for me."


The main question you have to ask yourself here is - can your opponent deal with 30 GKT + 3 Dreads? The answer is generally going to be yes - armies need to be able to deal with 50 T6+ wounds or 60 Marines (quite often with FNP) so 30 T4/2+ wounds is pretty comparable.

I really think here taking one or perhaps two squads as an anchor is your best bet and then spend the other points to access more firepower + bodies. A grandmaster with a full squad of Interceptors for example would not only give you more flexibility but mobility (though keep you at the same body count). Massing GKT isn't really going to be a viable army except perhaps at 2500 where you could get 60 of them and really force your opponent to try and shoot you off the board.

So I'd be looking at dropping at least one of the squads and adding more tactical options to the army - the most basic of which would be more movement whilst adding firepower and bodies. This gives you more options which allows the GKT to do their thing in midfield whilst giving the opponent more to think about over "shoot 30 GKT off the table."

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...