Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Sunday, April 8, 2012

Email in: Tyranids 1500 points

"I've only recently gotten into 40k and have for the most part been playing smaller point games between 500-1000 points. I want to have a goal list I can build towards that would be fun to play (winning is fun though..) and have set my sights at 1500 points since I'm a poor student with no actual income. It's an all-comers lists and my metagame revolves a lot around grey knights, orks, imperial guards, and a few other tyranids like myself. The following has all my favorite Tyranid models and seems to be viable competitively, but maybe something breaks in the transition from 1000 to 1500 that I don't know of. 

Would you take a look-see if I'm doing anything particularly wrong? Thanks, and keep up the awesome work! <3 


===== 1500 points ====== 
Hive Tyrant: -Lash Whip & Bonesword, Scything Talons -Paroxysm, Leech Essence -Wings -Adrenal Glands -Old Adversary 
2 Hive Guard 
2 Hive Guard 
2 Zoanthropes in a Mycetic Spore 
Tervigon with Catalyst, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands 
13 Termagants 
13 Termagants 
8 Genestealers with Toxin Sacs 
20 Gargoyles with Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands 
Trygon Prime with Adrenal Glands 1496 points 

If the mission isn't objective-related, I plan to swap out the 2 broods of termagants for another group of 8 genestealers with Toxin Sacs with the Tervigon as an HQ. The Hive Tyrant could also take TL Devourers if points open up. -Aeron"

The list is solid though I'm not a fan of the Flyrant + Gargs - it's a lot but not enough to be pushing at your opponent. In the end even at 1500 points, your opponent has the firepower to be able to drop the Flyrant pretty easily.

I'd therefore be looking to drop the flying part of the Tyrant for some Tyrant guard and letting them walk across the board and trade the Gargs for a Trygons (the other one doesn't need Prime btw) to give you two of them to threaten your opponent with and use spare points to buff out the Genestealers or Hive Guard squads.

If you were really looking to take advantage of the Flyrant though, grab more Genestealers and/or faster units like Raveners + Hormagaunts in place of the Trygon to put more pressure on your opponent early whilst the Termagants/Tervigon/Hive Guard hold mifield and provide ranged anti-tank.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...