Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Thursday, May 26, 2011

Email in: 1850 Dark Eldar Wych Cult



"Hi Kirby

I am currently building a Dark Eldar Wych Cult list at the 1850 points level and would be much appreciated for thoughts on my current list that I have tried out against a few opponents already. I want to be able to take this list to tournaments and be able to compete on some level.

HQ

Succubus: Hydra Gauntlets -70

Haemonculus: Venom Blade, Stinger Pistol, Liquifier Gun -70


Haemonculus: Venom Blade, Stinger Pistol, Liquifier Gun -70

Haemonculus: Venom Blade, Stinger Pistol, Liquifier Gun -70

HQ Total: 280

Troops

9 Wyches: Hydra Gauntlets, Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix, Blast Pistol, Venom Blade- 148
Raider: Disintegrator Cannon ,Flickerfield, Chain –Snares - 75

9 Wyches: Shardnet and Impaler, Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix, Blast Pistol, Venom Blade - 148
Raider: Disintegrator Cannon ,Flickerfield, Chain –Snares - 75

9 Wyches :Hydra Gauntlets, Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix, Blast Pistol, Venom Blade - 148
Raider: Disintegrator Cannon ,Flickerfield, Chain –Snares – 75

Troops Total: 669

Elites

4 Hekatrix BloodBrides: Hydra Gauntlets, Syren, Blast Pistol, Venom Blade - 92
Venom: Splinter Cannon – 65

Elite Total: 157

Fast Attack:

5 Hellions: Helliach, Phantasm Grenades Launcher, Venom Blade – 110

6 Reavers Jetbikes: 2 xHeat Lance, 2 xCluster Caltrops – 196

2 Beastmaster : 2 x Razorwing flocks, 3 x Khymerae, Venom Blade x 1 – 89

Fast Attack Total: 395

Heavy Support

Ravager: Flickerfield -115

Ravager: Flickerfield -115

Ravager: Flickerfield -115


Heavy Support Total: 345

Army Total: 1846

My thoughts on the Haemonculae is to allow my Wych’s to start the game off with an automatic Pain Token, so Feel No Pain is a degree of a safety net if and when the Raiders get popped. I put Disintigrators on my Raiders to beef up the number of shots I can put out in a turn and to be a degree of anti-Marine fire.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts, and thank you for your time

Chris"


The list overall lacks proper anti-tank. You've got 9 Lances all on 3 platforms and 2 heat lances on another. Add in some Haywire Grenades for support and it's just not enough at 1850. The main areas I'd be looking to fix are everything but Heavy Support really. I'll explain why.

HQ - Haemonculi I'm fine with but the Succubus is adding nothing.
Elites - You've already got a bunch of Wyches so if you're looking for clean up crews/hitters go Incubi or Beastmasters.
Troops - Neh towards the singular blast pistol really and you need shock prows. With the Haemons as HQ I'd also be looking to get some cheap backfield scorers such as Wracks in Raiders.
Fast Attack - no focus. Either go with Reavers and Heat Lances or Beastmasters with Razorwings + Khymeares.

Now you obviously want a themed list (i.e. Wyches) but I'm not too sure how demanding you want this theme. For example a list with 3x Haemons, 3x Wyches w/Raiders, 2-3x Wracks w/Raiders, 3x Beastmasters, 3x Ravager would give you a lot more balance (off the top of my head this is 1836 with 2 MSU Wrack Raiders). Or you could mix Reavers and Beastmasters, take more Wyches, grab some Incubi in Venoms, go mostly foot (full Wyches + Beastmasters to provide cover is fast and scary though anti-tank can be problematic), etc.

I guess it depends how 'Wychy' you want to be. Are you looking to build a base around Wych Troops? If so I think what I suggested above is your best bet but if you're looking for a more themed list I guess I'd need to know what you want more and less of to get a better idea of a list for you.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...