Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Saturday, April 16, 2011

Email in: Another GK list


"Hey Kirby,

So I'm working on a general list to take to the game store for pick-up games. This is basically going to determine the stuff I paint and model, so that I can produce a fully painted army for general gaming. It's not meant to be super hard, but a generally good list that's flexible and not going to tank against any common build out there.

Here's the list

Librarian - Shroud, Sanctuary, Might, Quicksilver, Summoning, Rift - NFS
Inquisitor - Daemon Blade (Gotta have some fun sometimes), 3 skulls

Henchmen - 5 Death cultists, 4 Crusaders, HF/ML Chimera (HQs go in here)
Purifiers - x8, 2 Psycannons, 5 Halberds, 1 Hammer, Dozer-Rhino
Purifiers - x8, 2 Psycannons, 5 Halberds, 1 Hammer, Dozer-Rhino


GKSS - x10, 2 Psycannons, Psybolts, MC-Hammer, Dozer Rhino
GKSS - x10, 2 Psycannons, Psybolts, MC-Hammer, Dozer Rhino
GKSS - x5, Psycannon, Dozer Rhino

Psyfleman Dread
Psyfleman Dread

Leaves me with 12 pts to either add a wargear item or make the 5-man GKSS squad's rhino a Psyback if I wanted to.

What do you think? The group can stay together and try to juice smoke/cover for a 3+ save from shrouding, or otherwise it has enough mobility and combat potential to at least put a dent on most things I can't shoot down.

Any thoughts on how I can modify the list to be tenable against some of the better balanced armies out there?

Angelust"


Looks good overall. I don't think you need summoning or rift on the Libby as you're not really going to be using them too much. Nice utility but I think we can find a use for those points elsewhere. I'd upgrade the small GKSS Rhino to a Psyback but only one of them is pretty lame. The one main change I would make is get rid of the Crusaders and get either Melta-acos or MM Servitors. I know a Crusader + DCA combo is pretty sweet in being able to absorb attacks and dish them out but you've got your Purifiers and GKSS in there as well (and with the Libby powers, these guys can kick some butt).

Extra points can get you more Purifiers/DCA or look to make the Purifiers 3x6x squads and get them all Razorbacks (I'd probably lean to this in fact). This gives you multiple Psybacks and some multiple units which can screen your GKSS from combat.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...