Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Friday, August 26, 2011

Out of the ashes...

Well, after I didn't get to NOVA I had to find a way to entertain myself this weekend. I found out about a (very) local tournament about two-three weeks ago, just before my interest in NOVA was re-ignited. The tournament is a pretty big one (50+ 40k players, 64 WFB, 30(?) WM/H etc) and is apparently a big deal locally. Well, I looked at the rules pack and if I'm completely honest, it's not what I'd run if I had my choice. But I don't and the guys that run it are pretty decent. After NOVA didn't happen (for me at least), I went to find out if there were any spaces left at the tournament, and luckily for me, a few guys have dropped-out. So I'm in.

So we have a 1750 tournament, 5 games, mixed objectives (not quite NOVA, but not straight-up rule book missions), Soft scores and... comp. Fortunately comp is only used for seeding the first two rounds, but it's still comp.

Oh well. Like I said, they're some decent guys, it's a big tournament (and I certainly need tourney practice) and I'm looking forward to it.

Surprise, surprise, I'm running BT.

EC - AAC (I probably should go with Abhor in this list, but i don't care. I like re-rolls)

2 x Termies (5) - 2 x CML, 2 x CF

2 x Crusader Squad ( 5) - Melta/MM/frags - Rhino (Smoke)

2 x Crusader Squad (5) - Las/Plas

Crusader Squad (5) - Flamer/frags - Rhino (Smoke)

2 x Land Speeder Typhoon

2 x Auto/Las Pred (smoke/SL)

1750

So compared to the list I've been using recently, I've changed 2 more CC orientated squads to 3 crusader squads (1 melta unit, 1 mop-up/objective unit). I think it's a pretty decent list, but it's probably not a great idea to change a list the day before a tournie. The biggest thing is I need to know how to assault combat threats.

Anyway, we shall see. I'll post up some stuff about the missions and how it went after the event.

Wish me luck.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...