Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Email in: 2k Necrons

Warseer

"Hey Kirby!

Going to say again how awesome your blog is, and how I appreciate you looking at previous lists for me. I have been brainstorming Necrons for awhile now as I played the destroyer wing list to death in the previous codex and even did well at a 'Ard Boyz when no one thought I could. So my local play group has been waiting for me to debut what Necron list I will play with the new dex and I wanted get your opinion on it. Here it is...

(crypteks/lords will be shown attached to their squads)


Overlord
Warscythe
Barge - Gauss

Overlord
Warscythe
Barge - Gauss

5 Warriors
Lance Cryptek
Lance Cryptek

5 Warriors
Lance Cryptek
Lance Cryptek

5 Warriors
Lance, Solar Pulse Cryptek
Lance Cryptek

5 Warriors
Lance, Solar Pulse Cryptek
Lance Cryptek

10 Immortals - Tesla
Lord - Warscythe, Orb

10 Immortals - Tesla
Lord - Warscythe, Orb

Triarch Stalker
Triarch Stalker

Annil Barge - Gauss
Annil Barge - Gauss
Annil Barge - Gauss

So the majority of my opponents locally are meqs. I went with underslung gauss on all the barges to get the AP 3 saturation. 8 lances sitting in my warriors squads provide some backfield firepower while the immortal/lord groups move up into midfield with the stalkers/barges. I was thinking wraiths might need a place somewhere to provide a counter charge unit but I think stalkers would be good at tying things up.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jay"


The Lords in the Immortals list are expensive but having multiple Orbs is nice. The issue I think is you don't have much moving forward - two C-Barges, 20 Immortals and two Stalkers. I feel you've got your Troops back to front and would rather see more Immortals with Tesla than Warriors (keep two with double lances for backfield scoring). You can still have the Lances with the Teslamortals but you'll get more firepower overall (look at four squads of 7-9 or something).

Otherwise if you're sticking with the Warriors, I'd want to get some Ghost Arks or Night Scythes both of which give you more mobility and firepower options. The Ghost Arks can also make those Warriors + Crypteks a lot harder to take down. You'd need to drop some points for this though and I think the Stalkers are your best bet here - replace them with small units of Wraith or Scarabs to engage the enemy in midfield. Stalkers are not what you want tying the enemy up - they are very expensive and whilst AV13 in combat is pretty impressive, if that goes down before combat or in combat, AV11 open-topped is a lot less impressive. Either way, they are expensive and better at shooting - not something you want engaging the enemy.

With all that in mind, I'd go with the two Ghost Arks + a squad of Scarabs in place of the Stalkers. You've still got a lot of anti-tank with Tesla + Lances and entropic strike from the Scarabs can make it all a lot more effective, your backfield is a bit more durable and you've maintained the number of vehicles and you've got a unit which can engage the enemy in midfield (if not for long).

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...