Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Thursday, April 12, 2012

Email in: 1500pt Necron list - advice?

"Kirby,

I really enjoy reading 3++. You and your team put forth excellent analysis and reviews. As a Necron player, I found AbusePuppy's review of the codex very informative and I used his sample lists as the model for my list:


Overlord - Warscythe, Resurrection Orb, Mindshackle Scarabs, Phaeron (165)

Warriors x 15 - Cryptek w/ Lance & Solar Pulse, Ghost Ark (365)

Immortals w/ Tesla x 5 - Cryptek w/ Lance, Night Scythe (220)

Immortals w/ Tesla x 5 - Cryptek w/ Lance, Night Scythe (220)

Annihilation Barge (90)

Annihilation Barge (90)

Triarch Stalker (150)

Triarch Stalker (150)

Scarabs x 3 (45)

Total: 1495pts


To be clear, the Overlord will go with the big unit of warriors.

I felt the need to balance the MSU with a large unit; I want to have a big unit to anchor an objective or bear down on the opponent's main battle line. At this point my only concern is the lack of a long range punch. My only 36" range weapons are from the Crypteks, two of which will be unavailable for at least turn 1 while the night scythes are moving flat out or deep striking. I'm wondering if I should take out the scarabs and the Overlord's mindshackle gear for a Heavy Destroyer so that I can snipe at enemy vehicles.

I appreciate any feedback, thanks again for the amazing blog!"


Even at 1500 I think your scoring is a bit weak - I'd lose one of the Stalkers. This may seem odd as we prattle on about redundancy here but you don't really have enough units to take massive advantage of the twin-linking. One adds that element to your army (and brings some AP1) without taking away from the rest of the army.

With the points saved I'd be looking to get another Teslamortal + Cryptek combination (you don't need the Night Scythe) and either buffing all of the Immortal squads or getting more Scarabs with excess points (either as another squad or in addition to the one you have). Replacing the Lancetek in the Warrior squad with a Lord + Scarabs + Scythe isn't a bad idea either as it makes that squad quite a bit more powerful in assault - just move the Solar Pulse to one of the Teslateks.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...