Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Sunday, June 10, 2012

Email in: 1500 Tyranid List

"Hey Kirby/Will,

I wanted to start by saying I really enjoy your blog. After reading Dakkadakkas forum for months and seeing the blatantly bad advice that is often handed out, your blog is a breath of fresh air.

On to business then! I plan on snagging one of the spots for the upcoming Throne of Skulls tournament. It's 1500 points and I am assuming will be a semi-competitive to competitive environment. I haven't played my Tyranids in quite a while and plan on getting as many games in as possible before the tournament but wanted to get as close to a final list as possible soon so I can begin busting my butt on conversions, painting, display board and such. I would really appreciate your input and/or advice.


So far I am thinking,

 20 Termagants -100pts
20 Termagants -100pts
20 Termagants -100pts
20 Termagants -100pts
Tyrannofex(Rupture Cannon, Cluster Spines, Dessicator Larvae)-265
2 Hive Guard -100pts
2 Hive Guard -100pts
Deathleaper- 140pts
Tervigon( Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Catalyst)-195pts
Tervigon( Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Catalyst)-195pts
Prime- Lash Whip and Bone Sword, Toxin Sacs- 105pts
1500pts on the nose

As of now I am debating on whether I should drop 20 Termagants to increase the Hive guard broods to 3 each. I am however open to any recommendations, I have a very extensive amount of Tyranids so models are not an issue. Thoughts?"


Firstly, Throne of Skulls is no where near semi-competitive sorry unless you getlucky and versus good opponents :P. I'm sure it can be a fun-filled weekend but I wouldn't go looking for tough matches.

Secondly, you have too many Termagants. I would be dropping probably half of them to get more Hive Guard (potentially turning the others into Devilgants) or drop all but the bare minimum (so two squads of 10) and pour those points into Genestealers with toxin sacs. You could also do a combination of both sice you have so many Termagants there (i.e. 100 points into two Hive Guard, 200 into 11x Genestealers with Toxin Sacs, 13 points left-over).

Otherwise looks pretty solid for Tyranids at 1500.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...