Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Saturday, June 16, 2012

Email in: BA list help

"Sup Kirby.

I've recently become a 40k fan, and I'd like your advice/help with making a Blood Angels Army list.

So far, I've been sticking with this for 2000 points:

Dante 225
Sanguinary Guard w/ inferno pistol 210
Sanguinary Guard w/ inferno pistol 210


Assault Squad (5) w/ meltagun 110
Land Raider Crusader w/ multi-melta 225
Assault Squad (5) w/ meltagun 110
Land Raider Crusader w/ multi-melta 225

Assault Squad (5) w/ meltagun 110
Razorback w/ twin-linked assault cannons 55
Assault Squad (5) w/ meltagun 110
Razorback w/ twin-linked assault cannons 55

I know it's a bit heavy on the mech and troops side, but I absolutely love the DoA rule and I gotta use it.
I haven't done filled up the 335 points because I originally have 5 Devastators with MLs (4) and Brother Corbulo + 2 Sang Priests riding in the vehicles, but they haven't worked out so well for me after many test runs with proxies.
What do you think? Please let me know if I've made any errors with this.

Thanks,
Jacob

P.S. With my budget being low, and with the new price increase for GW products, I'm probably gonna have to refrain from buying tanks & birds.
And could you show me where I can find a tutorial for dual AC dreads? or should I just buy them off of FW? Once again, thanks. "


I don't have any conversion posts for the Rifledreads but it's quite easy - grab some autocannons from anywhere (I got mine from spare Imperial Guard parts) and your basic Dreadnought. Get the arms for the missile and assault cannon and using a hacksaw/knife, take off the assault cannon. Don't attach the missiles to the other arm and then drill some pilot holes for pinning and glue on two autocannons. Easy as pie.



So to the list. Rifledreads, ACLC Preds or Typhoons are going to be your best bet I'm afraid. Dreads are probably the cheapest, particularly if source some AoBR Dreadnoughts. Otherwise ebay is your best bet for such - it brings fire support at range which is mobile so can get around the LRC if necessary (unlike the Devs).

Also, bring at least one, maybe two Priests - I'd run them in the LRC and I'd also be running the Sang Guard behind the mech wall rather than DoA as it gives them more options (plus a PFist each).

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...