Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Email in: Feedback on Crimson Fist Army


"Hi Kirby,

Long time reader of your great little blog. I am an Aussie that games in the Brisbane area with a bunch of old uni mates under my house (and anyone else that is keen for a game). I also have a blog that I have been plodding along on (link here).


Anyway, I thought I would ask for your feedback on the below list. I think it is a pretty standard rock/mech hybrid.

In my local group I run into many a game with metric crap ton of Tyranid T6 critters and I have found the scouts to be helpful in that regard (as well as picking off PK Nobs and heavy weapon troopers with Telion)

Anyway, I am wondering if I should go straight out mech or retain the Terminators and/or scouts. I figure I have a little more flexibility and the Crusader is very nice for the amount of fire it can put out (and the fact the Terminators can whoop anything in HtH I guess). I am tempted to take Gate for the librarian for a little redundancy in case the Landraider gets popped.

Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated.



2000 Pts - Space Marines Roster

HQ: Space Marine Librarian (100 pts)
   1 Space Marine Librarian (...in Power Armour; The Avenger; Null Zone)


Elite: Terminator Assault Squad (475 pts)
   4 Terminator Assault Squad (Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x4;)
      1 Sergeant (Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x1;)
      1 Land Raider Crusader (Extra Armor; Multi-Melta;)


Elite: Dreadnought (125 pts)
   1 Dreadnought (Twin Linked Autocannon; Twin Linked Autocannon)


Elite: Dreadnought (125 pts)
   1 Dreadnought (Twin Linked Autocannon; Twin Linked Autocannon)


Troops: Tactical Squad (175 pts)
   4 Tactical Squad (Bolter x4)
      1 Sergeant (Combi-Meltagun x1)
      1 Razorback (Lascannon and TL Plasmagun)

Troops: Tactical Squad (175 pts)
   4 Tactical Squad (Bolter x4)
      1 Sergeant (Combi-Meltagun x1)
      1 Razorback (Lascannon and TL Plasmagun)

Troops: Tactical Squad (170 pts)
   4 Tactical Squad (Bolter x4)
      1 Sergeant (Bolter; Melta Bombs)
      1 Razorback (Lascannon and TL Plasmagun)

Troops: Scout Squad (147 pts)
   4 Scout Squad (Camo Cloaks; Sniper Rifle x3; Missile Launcher;)
      1 Sergeant Telion


Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (70 pts)
   1 Land Speeder Squadron (Multi-Melta x1; Heavy Flamer x1)

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (90 pts)
   1 Land Speeder Squadron (Heavy Bolter x1; Typhoon Missile Launcher x1;)

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (90 pts)
   1 Land Speeder Squadron (Heavy Bolter x1; Typhoon Missile Launcher x1;)


Heavy Support: Predator (85 pts)
   1 Predator (Autocannon; Heavy Bolter (each side)

Heavy Support: Predator (85 pts)
   1 Predator (Autocannon; Heavy Bolter (each side)

Heavy Support: Predator (85 pts)
   1 Predator (Autocannon; Heavy Bolter (each side)


Total Roster Cost: 1997

PS - If you need a chump for any surveys by all means drop me a line."

We've reached the age of having long-time readers! Excellent. Glad you like the blog Darrel and I'm sure your Rifledread loves the plug (awesome looking btw). The list is pretty solid (and I'm glad you didn't try to drag Pedro into it) but the LRC + Termies stick out like a sore thumb. You've got some excellent fire support in the Speeders/Preds/Dreads/RBacks but only one "move forward and bash you into oblivion unit." This is namely the termies/raider. At this points level only one rock unit is rather easy to counter/block/delay/ignore/etc, especially when your army is so potent elsewhere. What I would recommend is either dropping them altogether (sad face) or turning them into a bubble-wrap. Drop the Raider and add in 5 more TH/SS termies. You've still got a lot of firepower in the rest of your army and anyone who wants to get close...has to go through that pile of termies. Scary proposition for most armies and you've still got your rock (and yes add Gate here). Retaining the scouts is okay as a static objective sitter but you wouldn't go far wrong in switching it out for another LasPlas RBack for even more firepower.

Whilst with this option you don't get to use your Land Raider, they really need to be used in pairs. This way you still get to use your Terminators and keep the bulk of your force and punch face. You should come down to Sydney for Lords of Terra :P! And I'll be putting up links to my surveys as soon as my supervisor gets ethics through...again.

3 pinkments:

Chumbalaya said...

What Kirbs said, that Dread is totally awesome.

If you want a mobile shooty unit, consider fitting in Sternguard. 10 in a Rhino tends to make a mess of damn near anything, especially with Null Zone up.

Oz Dazza said...

Thanks Kirby (and Chumbalaya) for the kind words on my Dread :)

I will give both your suggestions a go in a couple games and see how I go.

Thanks again.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing how tests go (& testing to see if comments work...).

Post a Comment

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...