Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Friday, August 27, 2010

My Blood/Nipple Hammer [Blood Angel Jump Pack Variants]


Well continuing with the the fine tuning of My Armies posts here are the Hammer Jumper lists inspired by Shep & Chumbalya. These two armies are very similar and thus get a post together. Shep started us off with Blood Hammer by replacing VV for bubble-wrap clearing on the drop for Devs w/Missile Launchers. Thanks to the correct pricing of Heavy Weapons in the BA codex and combat squadding backed up by FNP these guys can sit in cover for 210 points per squad, have a Sang Priest baby-sitter and pump out 12 Missiles into 6 targets. Very solid. Backed up by 30 Jumper Marines in your face and well, very impressive. Suffers a bit in combat with no mass power weapons but that's generally the way I play my Jumpers anyway. The missile suppression fire gives the list more of an edge against mech and infantry alike whilst also forming an impressive block of infantry to remove.

Nipple Hammer is the Sanguinary Guard version of this and a personal favorite. What it lacks in raw number of FNP bodies like Blood Hammer has, it makes up for pinching ability in combat thanks to Sanguinary Guard. Nipple Hammer would really work a lot better at 2500 points where you can get 10 more Sanguinary Guard or tooled out Honor Guard squads w/SS but still works at 2000 points. It's a lot less forgiving but everyone loves SG on the charge with FC and FNP and backed by 10 missiles + 9 melta shots, they are pretty solid all round.

Both of these armies are under construction as we speak!

Nipple Hammer:

HQ -
Dante
Librarian w/Jump Pack, Blood Lance, Shield of Sanguine

Elites -
Sanguinary Priest x2 w/Jump Packs
Sanguinary Priest

Troops -
10x ASM w/2x meltagun, Thunder Hammer
5x Sanguinary Guard w/2x infernous pistol, PFist
5x Sanguinary Guard w/2x infernous pistol, PFist
5x Sanguinary Guard w/2x infernous pistol, PFist

Heavy Support -
5x Devastators w/2x ML
10x Devastators w/4x ML
10x Devastators w/4x ML

Totals: 2000 pts
Jumpers: 29
Infantry: 26

Blood Hammer:

HQ -
Libby w/JP, Lance, Shield of Sanguine
Libby w/JP, Lance, Shield of Sanguine

Honor Guard w/JP, 2x meltagun, 4x SS

Elites -
Sanguinary Priest w/Jump Pack
Sanuingary Priest

Troops -
10x ASM w/2x meltagun, Thunder Hammer
10x ASM w/2x meltagun, hand-flamer, PFist
10x ASM w/2x meltagun, hand-flamer, PFist

Heavy Support -
10x Devastators w/4x Missile Launcher
10x Devastators w/4x Missile Launcher
10x Devastators w/4x Missile Launcher

Totals: 2000 pts
Infantry: 69 (38 jumpers, 31 foot)

15 pinkments:

Behemoth said...

im thinking about starting a sang-guard army now...


looks soooo fun

Chumbalaya said...

It is. The models are fabulous *limpwrist* and the army itself is just a blast to play.

I like the missile launchers, they add cheap bodies and ranged firepower SG normally lack. I prefer the all-jumper set up for thematic reasons really.

Tame said...

Getting those 12 Missile Launchers is going to be painful/expensive though :(

Lyracian said...

I hate the "Nipple Hammer" name it just seems so silly to me. I do like seeing a marine list without tanks though. That is a lot of bodies.

Unknown said...

@Lyracian; Well propose something better! :P

@Tame; You can use Hunter Killer missile sets from Tanks (at least that's what I'm doing I think) or try and model your own.

fester said...

@Kirby:
If you are going to use HK Missiles from tanks, consider doing up the Dev Squads as Servitors or Turrets (or something similarly disposable to the BA) with a single Sarge doing the targeting?

God I wish I had 30-40 jump pack marines :)

Lyracian said...

@Kirby; off the top of my head - "Sanguine Hammer", "Dante Hammer", "Sanguinary Blood Hammer" and my favourite is "Devastator Dante". Anything is better than making it sound like a low budget adult film...

fester said...

"Anything is better than making it sound like a low budget adult film"
That my friend, is where you are wrong :)

Unknown said...

What low budget (hell any budget) adult films use hammers? I mean...seriously.

@fester; no ideas for conversions yet but I know I've got 10 odd HKs lying around so should use them but might be able to mould some MLs or get some on the cheap so shall see. Servitor idea is nifty though but effort :P

@Lyracian; I like Sanguine Hammer

Lyracian said...

@Kirby. Good. How about giving that one a go then in your next post about them and see how it goes?

Behemoth said...

I like sanguine hammer alot as well.

Unknown said...

Yes dear =D.

One Sanguinary guard is mostly painted (all wings painted for one squad) and I've got on order 2 Sang Guard boxes (i.e. friend went to the US lol). Hopefully can have the Sang list up shortly though I do need to pick what army for Centurion...

Unknown said...

@ Kirby I love the blood hammer list how can I shrink it down to 1500pts though?

Unknown said...

Libby
2x Priest w/JP, LClaw
Priest
SG w/PFist, 2x infernous
2x 10x ASM w/2x meltagun, PFist
3x5x Devs w/4x ML

1445 points, add in some upgrades like handflamers on the Priests and ASM squads.

Unknown said...

Awesome, if I can find 25pts to drop I can afford to boost 1 of the devas squads to 10 allowing me to field 4 missile squads.

So what list would you personally recommend for games of 1500pts?

Also great log you've given me the hope I needed to pursue my pre-heresy jump pack army.

Post a Comment

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...