Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Saturday, May 7, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


I got a nomination for the Sylish Blogger Award. A thank you to Master Darksol from All Things 40k who has given me more work. I mean, this lovely award..

This award is a way for us bloggers to show appreciation for each others' work and efforts in the community which is always nice. Go gropings and hugs!

Here are the rules:

-- Thank and link back to the person giving you the award (see above)
-- Share seven things about yourself
-- Select 10-15 blogs who you think deserve this award
-- Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award




Meh what the hell, why not? Let's plug the community. 



1) I'm a psychologist who lacks empathy but from my grades and comments during practical courses at university, am very good at faking it. No I don't care guys :P.


2) I've moved overseas nearly 10 times and by the age of 13 had lived in 20+ different houses/apartments. No I was not a military child.


3) I have three citizenships/passports and am from Earth and play for Team Pink.


4) I don't actually wear pink. I'm a fraud.


5) I don't really whip my authors...


6) I use Metaknight on Super Smash Bros Brawl :O!


7) I really hate it when authors release books in larger versions when they just come out. My whole Wheel of Time and Malazan Empire series hate the latest books which are twice the size and don't look as pretty on my book shelf!


Other bloggers:


The Back 40k - another plug for this band of merry players? I've always loved the work they do over at The 
Back 40k and over the past several weeks they've had some great articles. Go read them if you don't.

Goatboy's 40k Extra Thoughts - The Internet has a lot of hate for Goatboy, all thanks to his postings on BoLS but despite his posts on BoLS which really seem designed to stir the hate pot, Goatboy has an excellent grasp of the way 40k works and paints to a very high standard at a rate which makes me physically violent. I've loved getting to know him on chat these past months and so recommend you check out his corner of the blogosphere even though he doesn't post a ton there. He should post more here though...


Strictly Average - Who doesn't love Brent? He still needs to post his Daemons review though but his articles are always well thought out, thought provoking and go completely over the head of most of the kids who read 
this stuff. It's fantastic work and he deserves the cookies for recently graduating as well!


Best Overall - I <3 me some Purgy. I thought his articles were the best coming out of YTTH for a period when Stelek didn't post much and it has been great to see him establish his own blog and kick it off with such success. His articles are still excellent and there's the more personal feel to them due to the increased context relating to his own armies.


A Gentlemen's Ones - Some of the best hobby content can be found here courtesy of Brian. The time and effort which goes into his projects and individual posts is amazing and can really point out our own deficiencies and either turn us into depressed plastic addicts (come to me and you get mates rates) or serve as inspiration.  


HERO's Gaming Blog - A lot of thoughtful analysis goes into LKHero's posts on the particular armies he plays. We may not agree on the balance and flexibility of the 5th edition books or what makes good army lists but the level of intelligence in his posts is an appreciated breath of fresh air rather than hot wind we commonly see.

YTTH - Stelek thinks I hate him when I don't. This is once again pointing out that I think he has an excellent understanding of 40k even if we don't see eye to eye on everything. When you down to the details and nitty gritty of his articles they are some of the best around in explaining and helping players understand the mechanics of 40k. 


Ya that's not 10...whatever. *goes back to painting a whole army*

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...