Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Thursday, July 28, 2011

Email in: 40k List Advice

Web.Me


"Well I am just getting back into 40k after about a year long break and am trying to figure out what army to do. I had grey knights back in the day and was considering going with them again but my 40k list building skills are lacking so I thought I'd email you guys and see if you can give me some advice on this list I wrote up. It's a little light on the bodies to my taste but I still think it's ok.

1,750 Grey Knights

Coteaz


Vindicare
6 Purifiers, 2 psycannons, 2 halberds, 1 daemon hammer, razer with psy ammo
6 Purifiers, 2 psycannons, 2 halberds, 1 daemon hammer, razer with psy ammo

10 death cult (goes in Land Raider)
3 warriors, 3 melta guns, razor with psy ammo
3 warriors, 3 melta guns, razor with psy ammo
3 warriros, 3 melta guns, razor with psy ammo
3 warriors, 3 melta guns, razor with psy ammo

Land Raider redeemer, psy bolts, multi melta
Dread with 2 TLAC and psy ammo
Dread with 2 TLAC and psy ammo

Thanks and any help would be greatly appreciated :)"


The list is decent, light on bodies as you indicated but I'm not a fan of the Land Raider. It's a huge target and whilst those DCA will hit and obliterate anything they touch, they will suffer a lot from overkill. I'd rather see the Land Raider become another Dreadnought, stick the DCA into a Rhino as a less aggressive unit and use extra points to get another scoring unit. You increase your firepower, body/tank saturation and lose a bit of flexibilty in terms of movement with the DCA.

My only issue with the list becomes how are you going to play it. The Purifiers want to get out of their transports and so do the Warrior Acolytes to shoot their meltaguns. When they do though, they die. I might therefore look at increasing the numbers of the Acolytes and give them Storm Bolters. Perhaps keep 2 units with meltaguns and then max out the other units with bodies + Storm Bolters as this will give you more feet on the ground.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...