Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Sunday, December 5, 2010

Yo fester, review my Orks kthnx, Brolo.



[Some of the following in italics may, or may not, have come with this request, though none of the names have been changed to protect the guilty.]

Hi fester,
Love your work, and think you are the best author on 3++, yes, even better than me.
Please review my Orks list and give me some ideas on whats-what.

Wazdakka Gutsmek - 180
Warboss - Warbike, Powerklaw - 125
3 x Lootas (5) - 75 (225)
Nobz (3) - Warbikes, Powerklawx2, Waaagh Banner - 200
2 x Warbikes (3) - Nob, Powerklaw - 110 (220)
2 x Gretchin (10) - Runtherd - 40 (80)
3 x Warbuggies (2) - Twin-Linked Missile Launcher - 70 (210)
2 x Battlewagon - 'Ard Case, Deff Rolla, Big Shoota - 130 (260)
1500

Love Brolo.

So, what are we looking at here, a Wazdakka list.

So let's break this down a little.
We have 15 lootas shooting away at transports, 2 scoring Battlewagons midfield full of Grots, 3 squads of Warbuggies flinging rokkits and 3 squads of bikers (Nobs and boys) cruising around.

I think this is a very fragile army. I can see what you are trying to do, and if you get your tactics down pat, I think it can work. All up, a good list... The only thing I would consider changing, is to drop the Warboss, 1 squad of Lootas, and add more bikers. Sound's off, but those Nob bikers are target priority #1 and wont see past T2, so why waste a warboss on making them troops, when you can get another 3 bikes, at least for the same cost. We will need to drop 1 squad of Grots to make it fit... which leaves us some space for upgrades on the Wagons, or bosspoles on the Bikers... which with this squad size probably isn't worth the points.

Wazdakka
2 x 5 Lootas
Nob Bikerz - 2 Power Klaws, Waaagh Banner
10 Grots
4 x 3 Bikers with PK Nob
3 x 2 Rokkit Buggies
2 Battlewagons with 'Ard Case, Deffrolla, Big Shoota, Red Paint, Grot Riggers

However, what I would do is something more like this and look at a Fast-n-slow style list.
This is mainly due to the fact that I prefer PowerKlaws over Lootas, and like being in my opponent's face instead of hiding out backfield.

Wazdakka
6 x 3 Bikers with PK Nob
3 x 2 Rokkit Buggies
3 x 3 Kans with Rokkits

I took out the 3 Nob bikers for 6 Regular bikers, which leaves the same number of Power Klaws.
This means, at 1500, you are putting down 19 bikers (wooo :( ) and 15 vehicles, all with Rokkits at BS3 or TL BS2. With Wazdakka, thats 19 S8 shots per turn. On top of that, you are still packing 9 DCCW, 7 PowerKlaws and some TLS5 Bike Dakka too.
Personally, this is the route I would go down.

Your mileage may vary of course, but this sort of list, personally, I think is scary.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...