Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Monday, April 25, 2011

Email In: Not dem silva beakies eivva.

Hey Kirby & Fester,
I really enjoy 3++ is the new black and its a great blog. Being a long time 40k fan (I own the original Rogue Trader book still) I think your blog is a fanastic rescource for the 40k community. I have been to a lot of websites and find 3++ the best around for great article, tactics and hobby guides. So great job.

Now, the reason for the email. Its been a while since I have seen an army list review that wasnt GK or some marine list. I have a 1750 tourney next month and wanted to share with you my version of the Ork Dred Bash list. I brought a 1500 point version to a tourny last month that had 84 players and placed 7th over all. I just added a 3rd 30 man boyz sqaud to the 1750.
 


I wasnt sure who to email with an Ork List so I mailed it to both of you for review.

Hey Dakkafang, thanks for the props, its always nice to have our backs patted - though that won't pay the bills *hint hint nudge nudge*. Don't put pink in text that's not mine.

Here is the list:
 

HQ
Big Mek w/ KFF, Cybork, PK = 120
Big Mek w/ KFF, Cybork, Burna = 115

TROOPS
30 Shoota Boyz w/ 3x Rokkits, nob w/ PK, BP = 250
30 Shoota Boyz w/ 3x Rokkits, nob w/ PK, BP = 250
30 Shoota Boyz w/ 3x Rokkits, nob w/ PK, BP = 250
25 Grots, 2 Runtherd = 95
Deff Dread w/ 2x Rokkits, Armor plates  = 105
Deff Dread w/ 2x Mega Blastas, Armor Plates = 115

FAST:
DeffKopta w/ twin rokkits, buzzsaw = 70

HEAVY:
3 Kans w/ 3x Rokkits = 150
3 Kans w/ 3x Grotzookas = 135
Deff Dread / 2x Big Shootas, Armor Plates = 95

I want to start off that I agree with F
fester on Lootas. I hate the things. All for the same reasons he does. I also catch alot of flakk for the gear on the Big Meks and running Deff Dreds with guns.

My biggest issue has been verse DE skimmer arimies, any advice on what to do verse them be great. Other than that the list performs well. Slow and Stompy Like an Ork list should be.

Thanks for reading and keep up the great Blog.

-Dakkafang


Well, any decent player will tell you that putting guns on a Deffdread is a stupid idea... which is why I don't classify myself as a decent player.
I personally love it. A 4 DCCW dread is awesome on paper, but usually blows up before it gets close. I would rather have the option of shooting something at range than charging madly around.

As for the list... I haven't really gone into too much depth with Kan Wall / Dreadbash lists, but I do like this one with a few cavaets.

The first thing I would do is drop the Kustom Mega Blastaz off the Troops Dread, and give all three Dreads Rokkits. I like KMB's and they fill a void in the Ork armory, but the points would be better spent on more S8 fire in my opinion.

I also don't feel the upgrades on the Meks, I like to keep them cheap and cheerful - KFF and Cybork Body. The other gear is cool, but I would rather go without personally.

So what would I do, keeping with the core you have above:

2 x Big Mek, KFF, Cybork

4 x 20 Shoota boyz, 2 Rokkits with a Nob, PowerKlaw, Bosspole
3 Dreads with Twin Rokkits (not twin linked as you know), Armour Plates
3 Kans, Rokkits (I like grotzooka kans more myself, but whatever floats your boat)
3 Kans, Grot Zookas

This comes in at 1510 points. I ran basically this army myself (plus a few bits) at a big 50+ player event and came 8th.

What I personally think you need is one of 2 options:

Option 1: Rule of Cool.
3 Nobs, Battlewagon with 4 Rokkits, Kannon, 'Ard Case, Deffrolla
Or as I call it "Da Stompa". If you don't know what a Russbot is, time to edumacate yourself on this, as its really awesome on the tabletop to have a centrepiece walker for your army. If you aren't short a penny or two, go get yourself a Forgeworld MegaDread. You will love yourself for it. Oh, and you hide a Mek in here too, for the extra KFF Range.
Option 2: Rule of effective.
You will find that the problem you have is getting something fast across the board.
You hve 240 points to burn, which in my maths makes us get either
2x3 Warbikers, Powerklaw
OR
6 Warbuggies with Rokkits
OR
6 Rokkit Deffkoptas.

Personally, I'd take the Warbuggies if you choose this route. In reality, I took Option 1 :)

Anyway, I hope this was helpful for you. More Orky madness soon!

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...