Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Saturday, November 13, 2010

Email in: 1750 Eldar Tournament Tuning Part II


"So...last minute rules changing. Each vehicle = 1 KP (in Squadron to...) So waaaayyyy to much KP in my army!

There is no need to discuss the Tournament rules. I do not agree with this particular rulling...but that is OK.

So... I drop Doomseer and Autarch for the mighty Eldrad. I admit...he rocks! SW are an issue...but with 3 Powers...some one wil give away!

Taking into account your suggestions, this is the look of the final list:

1 Eldrad Ulthran (HQ) @ 210 Pts

5 Fire Dragons (Elites) @ 190 Pts
Wave Serpent, Linked Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones
5 Fire Dragons (Elites) @ 190 Pts
Wave Serpent, Linked Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones

5 Dire Avengers (Troops) @ 205 Pts
Wave Serpent, Shuriken Cannon Upgrade; Linked Bright Lances
5 Dire Avengers (Troops) @ 205 Pts
Wave Serpent, Shuriken Cannon Upgrade; Linked Bright Lances
5 Dire Avengers (Troops) @ 60 Pts

2 Vyper (Fast Attack) @ 140 Pts
Shuriken Cannon Upgrade (x2); Scatter Laser (x2)
2 Vyper (Fast Attack) @ 140 Pts
Shuriken Cannon Upgrade (x2); Scatter Laser (x2)

1 Fire Prism (Heavy Support) @ 115 Pts
1 Fire Prism (Heavy Support) @ 115 Pts
1 Falcon (Heavy Support) @ 175 Pts
Shuriken Cannon Upgrade; Scatter Laser
Holo-fields

I believe that SS in the Dragon Wagon is essencial!...

Other thing that I'm considering (...since I dont have all the bits for a chin monted Shuriken Cannon) is "upgrading" one Dire Avengers squad for a10xStorm Guardians with 2xFlamer and drop the Cannons on 2 Waves and Falcon. Thougths on that?

Thanks,
Luís"

Here's the original email in question by Luis and I hope I've posted this in time before your tournament. I'll say it again but if you have a deadline please let me know in the subject or first line of the email. The majority of the time I just skim emails when they come in to check if I can send back an immediate reply if needed or if there's a deadline. If it's not there it gets in line and atm I've got 20 e-mails after this which need to be answered (I'm flattered you all value my opinion so much!) which could delay your e-mail until after the tournament.

Anyway, the list is solid but I'd make one change. Change the Vypers to 2x Shuriken Cannon (rather than SL/SC) and add underslung cannons to the Dragon Serpents and Fire Prisms. You end up gaining 8 S6 shots at the cost of some range which is fine. I wouldn't change in for the Guardians and think the list with the above change is all good even with the very strange KP rule.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...