Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Email in: comp friendly Chaos from my collection



"Hey there,

(I've CC'd Kirby as well)

Thanks again for looking at a list for me. All these models are well painted/converted, I'm going to be buying them from a friend who has won a number of golden demon awards internationally; I figure combined with a better comp/painting score, and being able to play well enough, I should do alright at a tournament. But I'm worried that Chaos marines just aren't tough enough to really go the distance.

Anyway, here is what I'm getting; I can probably get hold of some other models if need be. I own 2 standard dreads that I can probably convert.

Jason




50 Chaos Marines (Regal Blue)
- 15 Boltguns
- 12 CC Weapons
(I guess it doesnt matter now what they have...)
- 4 Plasma Pistols
- 2 Plasma Guns
- 1 Meltagun
- 1 Flamer
- 1 Icon
- 2 Champs with Powerfists
- 1 Champ with Power Weapon
- 4 Autocannons
- 4 Heavy Bolters
- 2 Lascannons
7 Chaos Marines (Red Gore)
(Converted with capes, could be used as Chosen)
- 2 Plasma Pistols
- Champ with PowerFist
11 Khorne Beserkers (Scab Red)
- 2 Plasma Pistols
- Champ
- Icon Bearer
9 Plague Marines (Snot Green)
- 1 Plasmagun
- 2 Plasma Pistols
- Champ with a Sword
5 Noise Marines (Liche Purple)
- 1 Blasmaster
- 1 Sonic Blaster
9 Mutant Marines(Dark Angels Green)
(I used them as Possessed, could be used as pretty much anything though...)
- They have an old matching Rhino (Green)
5 Mutant Marines (Regal Blue)
- With Jump Packs. (I used them as Possessed with wings in the old rules, when you could choose your upgrade)
- 1 Flamer
- 1 Plasma Gun
6 Raptors (Regal Blue)
- 3 Melatguns (yes 3, they used to be able to take 3...)
- Champ with Combi-Melta and Powerfist
7 Raptors (Black)
- Champ with Power Weapon
5 Bikes (Regal Blue)
-1 Meltagun
- Champ with Powerfist
1 Obliterator (Regal Blue)
1 Old Rhino (Regal Blue)
1 Rhino (Regal Blue)
- with Havoc Launcher option
1 Landraider(Regal Blue)
1 Khorne Dreadnaught (Scab Red)
- 2 CCWs
1 Dreadnaught (Unpainted)
- PlasmaCannon, Lascannon option
- CCW, Missle Launcher option
Abaddon (Black)
Nurgle Character (Snot Green)
- Termi Armour, Daemon Weapon
Kharn (Scab Red)
(Could be used as a Champ or HQ)
4 Sorcerers (Enchanted Blue)
- 3 With Power Weapons
- 1 with 2 Power Fists (or could be 2 Lightning Claws)
Chaos Character
- Termi Armour, Chainfist, and a big gun (I used it as a Kai Gun in the old rules)
2 Chaos Characters
- 2 CCW's ( I guess there could be whatever...)
I also have quite a few mutants, and a Belakor, that could be used as Lesser Daemons and a Greater Daemon "

Well, wow.
Thats a lot of models. It's a shame that none of them are probably kitted right for what we want to acheive!

Now let me start by saying to all you competitive types out there - this list wont win you any american tourneys, and is going to be using only his models as he needs to have the army for this coming weekend (from chatbawks memory).

Let's roll.

Well, the way I see this, we need to start from the back and move up.
First, we start with firesupport.
I would run 2 min sized Havoc Squads, one with 2 lascannons, and one with 4 autocannons. We need some form of firebase and this is about all we have.
Then I would look at our next level fire support, which is our Elites.
You have 2 dreads, one unpainted, which would be nice to use, but I will leave out to save your painting points (you will need all the soft scores you can muster!). Let's CC focus the list a little and add the Khorne Dreadnought.
I would then Khorne the army up, adding Kharn and 2 Beserker squads in Rhinos. Use the beserkers, and the red gore chaos marines for the 2 squads.
Add in a 7-man squad of plague marines with some Plasma (gun + pistol as we are making the models match the list, come hell or high water)
Add in our 5 man Blastmaster Squad as well

This takes us to 1417 and we look like this:

HQ
Kharn the Betrayer
Elites
Chaos Dreadnought, 2 DCCW w/bolter
Troops
Khorne Beserkers (8 + Champion), 2 Plasma Pistols, Rhino.
Khorne Beserkers (6 + Champion, Power Fist), 2 Plasma Pistols, Rhino.
7 Plague Marines, Plasma Gun, Plasma Pistol
5 Noise Marines, Blastmaster
Heavy Support
5 Havocs, 4 Reaper Autocannons
5 Havocs, 2 Lascannons

So, with the remaining 333 points (we are half way to being evil, what a coincidence..) what do we do?

Suicide melta, with 5 Raptors and 2 meltaguns.
Belakor becomes a Nurgle Warptime Prince
And we steal the dark green rhino for the plague marines.

HQ
Kharn the Betrayer
Daemon Prince, Mark of Nurgle, Warptime, Wings (Belakor)
Elites
Chaos Dreadnought, 2 DCCW w/bolter
Troops
Khorne Beserkers (8 + Champion), 2 Plasma Pistols, Rhino. (Beserker models)
Khorne Beserkers (6 + Champion, Power Fist), 2 Plasma Pistols, Rhino. (Red CSM)
7 Plague Marines, Plasma Gun, Plasma Pistol (snot green)
5 Noise Marines, Blastmaster (purple)
Fast Attack
5 Raptors, 2 melta guns
Heavy Support
5 Havocs, 4 Reaper Autocannons (regal blue)
5 Havocs, 2 Lascannons (regal blue)

So overall, we have a little shooting, a little CC, a few vehicles, and nothing overall scary, but the best I can do. This makes us to 1737 points so throw meltabombs around.

Good luck, and I hope you don't place last and ruin my good name! Good name?

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...