Kirb your enthusiasm!

WEBSITE HOSTED AT: www.3plusplus.net

"Pink isn't a color. It's a lifestyle." - Chumbalaya
"...generalship should be informing list building." - Sir Biscuit
"I buy models with my excess money" - Valkyrie whilst a waitress leans over him


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hauby Lauby - THE SECRET KNOWLEDGE

His Royal Pinkness has graciously asked me to join the illustrious ranks of the 3++ writing staff.  I think it has something to do with my raw sexual magnetism (Ladies:  you may want to be seated before you look at my profile picture) and my powers of hypnotic seduction.  Unfortunately, I don't have any evidence to support these claims except the way I feel about my self worth when I'm drunk.

Looks like I'll have to fall back on the stated reason I'm here:  I paint a lot and people tend to tell me I'm good at it.  And that's why Kirby wants me to write.  To have people tell me I'm good at stuff.  NO!  I mean to drop some science on the 3++ audience concerning the world of painting.  Which I guess I'm also qualified for.  Even when sober.  Kids still say "drop some science" right?  That's still a thing, right? 

Context is always nice.  So a little about me:  I post anywhere from semi-regularly to 'whenever the hell I feel like it' over on my personal blog, Laubersheimer Industries.  I'm also the co-founder and co-admin of the House of Paincakes blog network (which you should all join immediately) that has grown far beyond Dethtron's and my drunken premise that we should be allowed to swear on our blogs AND get community promotion. 

I'm not really good at these introduction posts, but here we are.  Three paragraphs into one and all you know about me is that I like to waste your time.  Here, enjoy these pictures of some of my work:





In all seriousness though, I do want to talk a little bit about how I've decided to approach the topic of painting in the context of the greater 3++ megaverse.

I'm here for the same reason Kirby is - I want to help people and I want to share the enjoyment I get out of my/our hobby.

That's it really.  I had some grand plans to write out some kind of definitive treatise on why painting is awesome and why everyone should listen to me.  But: I couldn't keep it from being inaccurate - the motivations and demotivations that drive people are as indiviudal as the people themselves (no point in cataloging them). More importantly, I couldn't keep it from coming off as self important and pretentious. And that's not how a community based hobby should be approached. The real draw of all this hobby painting for me is that its fun, it's creative, there's no true 'right way to do things, ANYONE can participate and EVERYONE gets to share.

That's all for now, I guess.  I'm looking forward to posting here and I look forward to hearing from all of you. If anyone has any questions or wants me to write about a specific topic, I'm more than happy to do requests, just hit me up in the comments or shoot me an email.

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...